Polly Rogers Memory Sensory Garden opens
Located in a quiet, wooded section of the UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens, the Polly Rogers Memorial Sensory Garden opened to the public on Saturday morning, May 22.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- Learn how to use Kaltura in My Media/Canvas to create or upload media for your courses at this Wednesday, May 26 workshop.
- On Tuesday, May 25, and Thursday, May 27, NCFlex will host a webinar on EyeMed’s vision plan. Learn about what the plan covers, online tools and special discounts.
- The first day of Summer Term 2021 kicks off today. With over 12,000 students enrolled in at least one summer course, Summer 2021 is on track to set records for enrollment and student success. Nearly 7,000 juniors and seniors are accelerating their journey toward graduation this summer. Refer to Niner Central for important dates for summer enrollment and payments. June 15 is the first pay date for summer instructors. Departments with full sections can still help more students by adding capacity in the second half term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- Reminder: The first day of summer term 2021 kicks off today.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Career Competency Institute recognized as a Best Faculty Program: The University Career Center (UCC) won Best Faculty Program for its Career Competency Institute project at the 2021 EY Global Career Services Summit.
Neha Mittal, a postdoctoral research scholar in the Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics, shared secrets to successful wastewater viral testing and discussed the part it could play in controlling future outbreaks.
Research by the Urban Institute on the Housing First project was featured on CBS Sunday Morning's story about homelessness.
- 5/24: The challenge is up to you and how hard you want to push yourself! This cycling class is great for all fitness levels and a change to your regular fitness routine. Take a seat and join us on our next ride! No reservations required.
- 5/26: UNC Charlotte economist John Connaughton will present his quarterly forecast on the North Carolina economy during the UNC Charlotte Economic Forecast. Under the direction of Connaughton, the forecast has provided invaluable economic data for North Carolina since 1981.
- 5/26: Train your lower body with us! UREC’s “Butts and Guts” fitness class hits on all of the major muscle groups such as abdominals, glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and more. Get ready to squat and crunch with us in this muscle endurance class! Registrations no longer required.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!