Renowned poet and professor Nikki Giovanni delivered the keynote at the 2021 Graduate Student Success and Wellness Conference
More than 220 graduate and professional administrators and faculty from around the country participated in the virtual 2021 Graduate Student Success and Wellness Conference hosted by UNC Charlotte May 6-7.
- Don't forget to fill out the COVID-19 vaccine reporting form once you receive your vaccine. Once submitted, you will be entered to win prizes, including your choice of a free parking permit for the upcoming academic year or $500 on your 49er ID card! You will also be exempt from the daily health check and mitigation testing.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: FACULTY & STAFF
- ICYMI: Chancellor Gaber shared a message with faculty and staff today about COVID-19 protocols as employees plan a return to full campus operations.
- IT Outage Reminder: Banner, NinerNET password and Duo management are among the University IT services that will be affected during a planned outage from 7 a.m. to noon, Saturday, May 22.
YOUR DAILY NEED TO KNOW: STUDENTS
- ICYMI: Chancellor Gaber shared a message with students today about COVID-19 protocols during summer classes and more information on fall plans.
- Get funding for your idea and research: Ventureprise Launch applications are now open.
OUR POINTS OF PRIDE
- Spanish professor earns honor society’s highest award: Professor of Spanish Michael Doyle has received the top international award of the Hispanic honor society Sigma Delta Pi with his induction into the Order of Don Quijote. Each year, the organization chooses no more than three people worldwide for the honor.
- 5/25: Are you interested in learning more about the nature and needs of gifted students? If so, you are invited to attend an informational session about the Academically or Intellectually Gifted Graduate Programs at the Cato College of Education. You will meet the professors, learn about the graduate courses and funding options, and have the chance to ask questions.
- 5/26: Learn how to effectively organize your time and tasks to accomplish your goals.
- 5/26: Learn how to use breakout rooms in Zoom to create up to 50 separate sessions. As the meeting host, you will learn how to split meeting participants into separate sessions automatically or manually and how to switch between sessions at any time.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
What would you like to see included in this daily email? Complete this form with your feedback. We want to hear from you!