What began humbly as the Charlotte Center in 1946 has transformed into this region’s research powerhouse. UNC Charlotte, boasts more than 29,000 students and counting, UNC Charlotte’s trajectory is still climbing.
Pereliminary numbers are in - check out the extraordinary stats taking us into the 2017-18 academic year.
Opportunity abounds for the largest student body in history:
- 23,914 undergrads
- 5,403 master’s and doctoral students
- 40 percent of undergraduates are first-generation college students
- 857 scholarships were awarded in 2017, totaling $4.2M
Impact has never been greater:
- $50.9M in research funding was awarded in 2016, through 443 separate research grants
- 17 patents were issued in 2016, an all-time record
- Five University startup companies were established in 2016, a new high
- There are 129,640 living alumni, with 74,562 in the Charlotte region
University talent reaches new heights:
- 1,155 teaching faculty
- 40+ endowed professorships
- Faculty efforts resulted in civic awards from the Washington Center and the Carnegie Foundation
Student experiences are richer than ever:
- 18 NCAA Division I sports are offered, including the new Women’s Golf Program
- More than 400 student organizations, including Greek life
- Internship and study abroad programs provide increasingly abundant experiences
Keep the University’s momentum rising through EXPONENTIAL: The Campaign for UNC Charlotte.