- Unraveling cystic fibrosis puzzle, taking it personally matters - Lead author Joshua Stokell, a post-doctoral researcher in biology, and a team from UNC Charlotte describe an important finding that may point to an immediate cause of CF exacerbations.
THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
- Profs bring education to living room - With the help of UNC Charlotte’s History Department, the late Henry Pharr II, his widow and their friends continue to learn.
- Can Charlotte learn to love its lacework of small streams? - “Keeping Watch on Water: City of Creeks” is part of a three-year initiative to bring attention to Charlotte’s threatened lifelines.
- New 49ers coach Mark Price makes NCAA tournament top goal - 49ers 10th head coach gets five-year deal, charged with turning around program
- Transgender youths face challenges - Story on transgender youth feature comments from UNC Charlotte staff.
CHARLOTTE BUSINESS JOURNAL
- Prof’s study figured into wildlife ranking - The National Wildlife Federation says Charlotte is No. 9 in the country when it comes to cities that are "going above and beyond the call of duty to protect America's wildlife."
- University launches C Design scholarship - The UNC Charlotte School of Architecture has launched an annual scholarship offering students workplace experience, while helping defray their educational costs.
CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER
- Thoughts on 49ers Coach Mark Price - A columnist from one NBA city where Mark Price played basketball remembers the new 49ers head coach.
NPR MORNING EDITION
- Brazilians protest president - On national radio, Prof. Greg Weeks comments on massive protests in Brazil.
WFAE CHARLOTTE TALKS
- Desegregation and re-segregation of Charlotte schools - Two UNC Charlotte experts talk about re-segregation of Charlotte public schools.
The State of Higher Education – Chancellor Philip L. Dubois joins three other leaders to discuss shifting perceptions and values related to higher education in North Carolina.
- Chancellor talks about growth - Chancellor Philip L. Dubois talked about aspects of UNC Charlotte that affect the continuing growth of North Carolina’s urban research university.
- Students rally around fraternity member - Hundreds of people gathered on the campus of UNC Charlotte in a show of support for a student who suffered a serious injury.
- UNC Charlotte addresses Greek life in the wake of tragedies - How the University encourages positive Greek life behavior
TWC NEWS 14
- Art exhibit focuses on immigration - There is a colorful new exhibit at UNC Charlotte Center City uptown campus that also is making a statement.
- Learning from Oklahoma racism incident - Applying the latest headlines to the day's lesson plans, fraternity and sorority members at UNC Charlotte are taking away all they can from the University of Oklahoma racism scandal.
WRAL Tech Wire (Raleigh)
- NC investing in big data - Researchers at the Renaissance Computing Institute at UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte and NC State University have received funding to develop advanced technologies and solutions.
BATES COLLEGE NEWS