Eleven outstanding student employees were nominated for the 2021 Student Employee of the Year Award. Each office or department nominates one deserving student employee each year. The nominees are:
- Jennifer Weygandt, College of Computing and Informatics
- De’Shaun Taylor, University Recreation Center
- Faustina Edwin, Popp Martin Student Union and Cone University Center
- Zaneta Zhin, Chemistry Department
- Justin Mecham, OneIT Client Engagement
- Eddio Benitez, Human Resources Benefits Office
- Hayley Owen, Music/Athletic Bands
- Sarah Wood, Undergraduate Admissions
- Jazmyne Harris, University Career Center
- Jessica Sykes, Housing and Residence Life
- Mia Sturdivant, School of Data Science
To be eligible for this award, nominees must be undergraduates employed in any capacity as student employees, be currently attending UNC Charlotte and have worked at least two full consecutive semesters in the same office or department, not including the spring 2021 semester.
The winner will be announced in the coming weeks. Nominations will be evaluated on the students’ reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism and contributions to the employer.