Due to physical distancing and cleaning measures required for the UNC Charlotte community to return safely to campus, meetings and events will be significantly impacted throughout the fall and spring semesters.
The following guidelines have been set by Conferences, Reservations and Event Services (CRES) and approved by the University to ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff and guests.
This modified event scheduling and hosting structure will be in place through the end of Spring 2021. Note that The Dubois Center at UNC Charlotte Center City is not reserving space at this time.
Guidelines to know:
- Virtual or Hybrid Meetings and Events Encouraged: Some events/activities may be prohibited when social distancing and safety measures can't be enforced. Event approval is at the discretion of CRES.
- Room Capacities and Setups: In order to ensure appropriate social distancing, setups have been adjusted and space capacities have been significantly reduced. Spaces that accommodate 80 or more are extremely limited.
- Food: Only individual, prepackaged food, or buffets served by Chartwells staff will be allowed. The contactless catering option by Chartwells is highly recommended due to health and safety concerns. Communal food including shared pizza and pot luck meals are prohibited.
- Physical Distancing and Face Coverings: Attendees are required to follow all University instructions based on the activity and space restrictions. This may include social distancing (at least six feet), use of face coverings, etc., during all meetings and events.
- Responsibility of Event Organizers: Event organizers will be responsible for maintaining a list of attendees’ names, phone numbers and email addresses for a minimum of eight weeks.
- No Holds Allowed: Additional dates and/or spaces may not be held as backup or contingencies.
- Meeting and Event Requests: Meeting and event requests will not be processed until the academic schedule has been set.
- Know your W’s and the New Norm:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Wear a face covering any time you are around other people.
- Wait six feet away from other people at all times.
- Wipe your workstation, equipment, and other high- touch surfaces frequently with a sanitizing wipe, including your cell phone.
- Watch your health, stay home if you are sick, cover your sneezes and cough with your elbow or a tissue.
- Wave to greet friends instead of hugs and handshakes.
- Visit Niner Nation Cares for more information.
Direct questions to CRES at 704-687-7872.