UNC Charlotte’s 2019 Campus Sustainability Week is Monday through Friday, Oct. 14-18. This annual observance engages the University community in sustainable practices on campus.
Get Outside, It's Movie Night: “An American Ascent”
- Oct.14, 7:15 to 10 p.m.
- Belk Plaza
- Join the Sustainability Office, in partnership with Venture Outdoor Leadership, for an outdoor screening of the documentary, “An American Ascent,” which chronicles the first African American expedition to tackle North America’s highest peak. The event will include free pizza. The rain-delay date is Oct. 17 at the same time.
- Oct. 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- CHHS Plaza
- This annual event, organized by Parking and Transportation Services, showcases more than 20 organizations that provide information about campus transportation options and their affordability and safety. Attendees can learn about new services coming to the University and Charlotte area.
Yoga in the Gardens
- Oct.16, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Botanical Gardens - Susie Harwood Garden near the moon gate
- University Recreation will lead an outdoor, standing yoga session, mats not needed. Chartwells will provide beverages and food for participants.
- Oct.16, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Popp Martin Student Union back patio
- This third annual event, sponsored by the Charlotte Green Initiative, enables students to interact with student organizations to discuss projects that could make the campus more sustainable. Attendees can enjoy free pizza and planned activities, such as pumpkin carving.
- Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- McMillan Greenhouse, Motorsports Lab or Holshouser Lawn
- Join the Office of Waste Reduction and Recycling for the biannual campus cleanup. Volunteers can attend any of the three locations during the event hours to pick up litter around campus. Bags, gloves and litter pick-up sticks will be provided, along with snacks. University employees may use up to 90 minutes of release time* for this event.