The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and Tata Consultancy Services, in partnership with the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance, North Carolina Technology Association and the Research and Economic Development Office at UNC Charlotte, will hold the second Digital Empowers regional forum on Wednesday, March 13.
Scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., this free forum will be held at Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont (5301 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, North Carolina). Register online.
College of Computing and Informatics professor Mary Lou Mayer will be among the forum speakers, who will help attendees to increase their understanding of technologies and digital innovations, such as blockchain, design thinking, virtual reality, robotics and data collaboratives, as well as bring greater awareness to how organizations of all sizes are leveraging their capabilities to compound social impact in their neighborhoods and around the world.
Other speakers scheduled for the March 13 Digital Empowers regional forum are:
- John Hardin, executive director, Office of Science, Technology and Innovation, North Carolina Department of Commerce
- Amy Aussieker, executive director, Envision Charlotte
- Tom Rump, CEO, Mesur.io
- David Boraks, NPR Charlotte
- Rasu Shrestha, chief strategy officer, Atrium Health
- Lucas Blair, head of Immersive Technologies Lab, RTI International
- Jason Aspiotis, founder and CEO, Finosophy, PBC
- Christopher Jackson, president and CEO, Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont
- Jess George, community impact manager, Google Fiber
- Kimberly Lanphear, CEO, Apparo
- James Walker, founder and CEO, Informative Technologies