UNC Charlotte will operate in Condition 1 (C1, reduced operations) with classes canceled effective immediately and until 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11. University officials made this decision because of the tropical storm warning issued for Mecklenburg County and the possibility of deteriorating travel conditions as a result of associated rain and wind. Details are below.
All members of the University community should continue to monitor NinerAlerts and their local weather forecast for important information.
- All classes are canceled effective immediately until 11:59 p.m., Thursday.
- Residence halls, dining facilities and other University services remain open.
- Students should exercise good judgment and monitor local weather forecasts when determining travel plans.
- All classes are canceled effective immediately and through 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11.
- Consult the Academic Procedure: Schedule Interruption Guidelines for additional information.
- Non-mandatory employees are expected to exercise good judgment about their ability to reach campus safely. Non-mandatory employees should contact their supervisors to discuss how they will account for missed time.
- Mandatory employees are expected to report to work as scheduled.
- University Policy 701, Adverse Weather and Emergency Events, detailed information on Condition 1
- Operating Condition FAQ, additional information on what to do in each condition
A NinerNotice about any changes to campus activities or services will be provided by 9 a.m.