The third Chancellor’s Fishing Derby will be Saturday, Nov. 10, at Hechenbleikner Lake.
This family-friendly event is open to faculty and staff members and their guests. Two 75-minute sessions will be held with check-in starting at 8 a.m.
Details on the derby are:
- Space is limited, so register early for this catch-and-release tournament
- No fishing license required
- $10 per spot/per session; if registering for both sessions, the additional one is $8
- Kids’ lessons free with registration
- Free parking in Cone Visitor Deck
Certificates will be awarded for the:
- Highest number of fish caught
- Heaviest largemouth bass
- Youngest participant to catch a fish
- Distance casting (ground competition)
Hosted by the UNC Charlotte Bass Fishing Club and UNC Charlotte University Recreation, the Chancellor’s Fishing Derby is co-sponsored by Riley’s Catch, Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte, Bass Pro Shops, Canteen, Farm Bureau Insurance, Pepsi, and Dry Bones Fishing, as well as campus partners: Auxiliary Services, Facilities Management, Office of the Chancellor and Cone University Center.